Tuesday 20 November 2007

Tue 20 Nov 07, lunchtime soccer and hill repeats at the YY

A game of outdoor soccer today, we lost 3-1. Lots of running in very hot conditions, a good sweat and hit out for me.


I have been chatting with Burkie and suggesting that we take our groups away from the track every so often to break the routine and to include some controlled hill repeats. With juniors that means a lack of cars but we coordinated it so everyone met at the track and then with a few cars taxi ed all to Toynes Rd. Sixteen made the trip, as per normal I trained with the guys and Ash joined in for some of the reps. The group had Adam C, Luke, Cam, Blair, Scott, Pierre and me, a 10 minute w/up and then 8x40 sec reps up the hill with a jogging recovery, then 5x40 sec downhill (not as steep).

A good session, we probably could have done more, but both Burkie & I decided some caution would be smart, just in case it turned out to be too much. We then finished off with a 10 min cool down.

A successful night which both myself and Burkie have decided should happen more often. I will be wanting at least my squad of males to do 10x60 sec with 5x45 sec downhill. Clare, Roz & Michelle would do 6-8 reps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine how smelly those cars were with lots of sweaty people!!

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to mix it up a bit.

Thanks for your support re Z as well, only a coach would understand ;-)