Sunday 11 November 2007

Sun 11 Nov 07, You Yangs & Little Aths Relay meet

An important day for all Australians who care about our democracy & freedom, Remembrance Day which was noted at the Relay meet.


This morning my plan was to be at the You Yangs at 7:30am as I had a busy morning planned. A quick check of Weatherzone before I left, expected 26 degrees with a foggy start and it was 15 degrees already. A quick check outside, very sunny, not sure where the fog is, well I found out soon enough! Driving to the YY I noticed that my outside temp guage was dropping and then when in sight of the YY I noticed some fog, so I stopped and used my phone to take a photo. When we started it was 10 degrees, but a lot warmer when we finished.



On arrival at Toynes Rd, Cookie was already there and so was the fog!!! Myself, Cookie & Shane (from Coburg AC) ran for 10 minutes in the fog before we were in brillant sunshine with NO wind, beautiful. All up 15.1km of rolling hills in 78 minutes for me with a few walking breaks up the big hills, as my legs didn't want to play the game today. We started at 32m elevation and I noted a couple of times in the 200m area, but the majority of the time we cruised between low 100 - 175m. A good run, the other guys had to wait for me at the top of some of the sharp hills.


From 10am - 1pm I was at VU as the U9 boys relay coach, we had a practise meet before Regional Champs, a good idea.

Probably no posts for a few days as I am away in Canberra until Wed evening.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Practising walking breaks will come in handy when you do 6' Stu ;)

There's a cross country club race on Tuesday arvo, 6pm at Weston Park - 5k. They usually get about 150 starters.

I'll probably be running at Calwell.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Stu,
That is a great photograph - quite eerie!