Tuesday 2 October 2007

Tue 02 Oct 07, a track session

Well I survived my trip to Sydney and I took some photo's on my mob, just views from the room etc. I was lucky enough to stay 5 min from the Coogee Pub just off Arden St and only 1 street away from the beach..WOW, gees I could live there, well if someone wants to pay my rent etc!! One of the guys I was with, his company owns a three bedroom 3 story apartment with some VERY nice views! As per normal when guys go away with no real concerns, we drank too much, but thankfully I survived, no bruises and no other probs!



9am Sun morning from the balcony.



This shows the street and of course the great views!


The visit to Sydney started as my two mates are Storm fans so they organised a few tickets and i was able to go for the fun. RL is not my cup of tea, much prefer Aussie Rules, soccer & Rugby, then probably netball & hockey etc, so you can see RL is way down the order, but a weekend with mates, is WAY more important. I was surprised to see only 80,000 at the ground and I was surprised even though the media said no-one was barracking for Manly, I think they forgot to go the game, more than 80% were wearing maroon. Anyway we watched the AFL & the NRL, all I can say is, thank god for an exciting game between Scotland & Italy, because the other codes were; yawn....



The view from where I sat at the NRL Grand Final



And the team I provided some support for was Melbourne


That's right, a running thread... a track session...

2km warm up and then some light dynamic stretching and then followed byy 5x50m strides on the grass whilst waiting for a large group completing a 2k time trial. Four of us tonight training together, 6x800m in 3:05 with a 60 sec recovery.

Splits:
3:04
3:03
3:03
3:03
3:04
2:58

We walked 300m and then a couple of us finished off with a 2k cool down, which was good. Whilst my times are faster than last week (same set) it was a much tougher session, a little bit more wind, but I think it had more to do with my w/e activities. :-)

4 comments:

jojo said...

i wish my camera took photos that well..actually i wish i had gone away somehwere nice so that i could take NICE photos.. glad you stayed outa jail :)

Tesso said...

Coogee is beautiful. We went there on Friday for a look and several of the Storm players were on the beach. Had a quick chat to them and got some happy snaps. That was more exciting than watching them play on Sunday night.

Ewen said...

If they had played it at the G, they would have got 120,000 - Vics will watch any sport!

Good track session Stu - very even paced.

Anonymous said...

Not a bad little part of town is it?

;-)