Thursday 18 October 2007

Thu 18 Oct 07, Airlie St repeats in the morning

Just before 7am I jogged from work along the Tan, past Anderson St, turned up Walsh and then left and walked from the corner until arriving at the infamous Airlie St. I did some basic stretching after my 9 min warm up jog.

For those who have not had the pleasure of Airlie St, it is a quiet residential street which is slightly steeper than Anderson St, a nice quiet spot for hill repeats.


View Larger Map

Starting at the first light pole and running at good pace up a strong hill upto the T intersection, the intent was for hard even splits, in sets of 4, run to the top, turn and walk for 30 sec then jog, after 4 reps to walk the entire way back and then return to the 30 sec walk & then jog.

Reps (recovery):
54.7 (1.38)
58.1 (1.31)
59.7 (1.36)
61.1 (2.09)
58.2 (1.44)
1.01 (2.10)
59.2 (2.06)
1.00 Then walked for 2 min and then jogged back onto Domain Rd and back to St Kilda Rd until I arrived at the Barracks in 11 minutes.

Nice morning, sunny, only breezy and about 14 degrees when I started. The hill was tough work today,, really hard for the final 20m, but I'm happy I completed the session, a tad longer recoveries than planned, but, its ok.

3 comments:

jojo said...

well done stu :) sound slike a good hard session

Barrier Boy said...

Stu,

Good to see you like Airlie St. Rumour has it some of the Worlds best runners have suffered on Airlie St at some stage over the last 20 years or so. Ovett and Walker just to name a few.

Ewen said...

I see it parallels Anderson St, so I guess the same sort of gradient. Good session.

By the way, I thought you wouldn't be coaching 60 at one time. Also, on first look I can't proofread any mistakes, except the two commas ;)