Wednesday 31 October 2007

Wed 31 Oct 07, the end of a month

I'll do my end of the month wrap up in a day or so, not really in the mood.

I started my day with 8.5km, about 4k on the grass around Fawkner Park and the rest on a few local roads, St Kilda Rd, Walsh St & Anderson. The majority of the run was at an average of 13.5kph. A good sweat, not as easy as I would have liked, but getting there. Whilst running up Anderson St I briefly chatted with Eat Em (first time I have seen him in MANY months). Finished up with two 1 min planks and one 45 sec oblique planks each side and then some leg stretching.


After my shower just as I arrived at my desk I was informed that Liz had passed away peacefully in the early hours, the cancer had moved into her brain. Just one week ago she was a young lady who was happy because the breast cancer was nearly gone and now her loved ones and friends will be without her great smile. RIP Liz.



Cancer Council of Australia

4 comments:

jojo said...

sad news :(

Unknown said...

That is sad news indeed. It sounds like this ladies passing was sudden and unexpected, which is a cruel loss for everyone.

A reminder of how short life can be, the importance of not leaving anything unsaid that ought to be said and the importance of living in the present.

Ewen said...

That's so sad Stu.

We should make the most of every day, every moment.

Andrew(ajh) said...

RIP Liz

It is indeed a cruel, cruel world sometimes.