Sunday 21 October 2007

Sun 21 Oct 07, You Yangs

Toynes Rd, YY at 8:30am and it was already warming up, 24 degrees and we knew it was going to continue to rise, so a group of 6 we decided we would start with a small 6km loop so we could stop for a quick drink and drop the juniors back at the start point.

Back at the start point in 29:50, stop and had a drink and the ladies got caps on before we started off again. No without the juniors we started chatting about where we would go now, we all agreed that the MTB area was out of the question as 3 of us did not want too many BIG hills today due to racing or one still in recovery from the marathon. Myself & Cookie decided we would go up one hill upto the Turntable area and the ladies decided they would stick with the small rolling hills.

The big hill is 800+m and it killed me today, I think I walked more than I jogged and walking was bloody hard too. All up for the morning 75 minutes and according to my car it was 31 degrees when I finished, but it was very enjoyable, warmth without too much sun (lots of clouds). Today was the first run for the season where the singlet eventually came off.. hmmm I think I better lose 1-5 kgs... ;-)

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Tackling those hills on a day like today was game!