Tuesday 30 October 2007

Tue 30 Oct 07, lots of stuff

This morning I had a later start at work than normal, as Clare needed to do her session in the morning I took the advantage of some easier k's and did the session with her, 600/600/500/500/400 as well a w/up & c/down, with drills, strides and stretching.


This morning when I arrived at work I was given some very sad news, one of the ladies in the Finance Section has been fighting breast cancer and cancer in other parts of her body. For the past few months it has been going well for Liz and as a small work group we helped her celebrate last Monday the finalisation of her recovery from her final cheomo. She was to start a 5 week stint of radiotherapy, but she was happy and believed that things were starting to look better. Sadly she was admitted to hospital last Thu and today we were told the cancer has moved into her brain and she is not expected to make the week. Very sad!


At lunch today I played in the first round of the outdoor soccer comp. The games are 20 min halves, 7 a side on a pitch that is approx 70-75% of a normal pitch. A tough game today, we lost 3 - 0, with 6 players, tough work and of course I ran & ran & ran! In the final 5 min of the 2nd half I was buggered and was worried I may have worked to hard for tonight's session.


Tonight myself & Burkie have been worried that some of the group I run with, may be working too hard to stick with the group, with more than 9 of us I was able to split us into 2 groups for tonight's session, this was important even for 2 of the fast ones as they look tired. SO 6x800, one group just under 3 min and the other 3:06 with 1 min recovery. Of course I was in the second group, which was important today.

Splits:
3:08
3:04
3:06
3:09
3:06
3:07

We walked 300m, changed shoes and then four laps in the outside lanes and then whilst chatting and watching others I stretched and then stayed for a Club Coaches meeting.

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yes, cancer is a very scary thing, and there are not many people who do not know someone close to them who have been affected by it. The period of time a couple of years ago when Adrienne had her breast cancer scare was the worst of my life.