Thursday 4 October 2007

Thu 04 Oct 07, an early track session

Today I started work before 7am, so I left early (3:30ish)and I took the opportunity to do my track session early so I could better watch & coach. I got to the track and it was WINDY (so annoying, because by 5:30 the wind was nearly gone), I started off with 2 laps of the Complex and then finished with a lap of the track.

Some dynamic stretching involving swinging leg ex's, then sideways stepping and criss cross on the track followed by drills; marching, skipping, high knee skipping, bummies & then 4x50m strides, all up 22 min before attempting, 5x400m x 2 @ 82 sec with 45 sec recovery between reps & 2 minbetween sets....

Well the session didn't really go to plan, it was a tad windy for that pace and to be honest during this transition period I'm not ready for that intensity and I'm not fit enough. After my first rep I amended my expectations to 85 sec per lap.

Splits: 82.1, 85.1, 85.2, 85.1 & 85.0 (all recoveries 45 sec), 2 min break; 85.3, 86.5, 87.2, (now swapping to 200m), 41.3, 41.3, 42.9 & 42.8

And to say that the 200m reps were any good would be a lie, I was struggling and probably should have finished up. I did my cool down of 4 laps with some of Burkie's early starters (they were w/up).


I then sat back and watched & directed (I do that better ;-) )

No comments: