Thursday 11 October 2007

Thu 11 Oct 07, Indoor football and a short track session

Today the Indoor soccer team I play in made the Plate Final (the final for the bottom half of the competition). 10 teams in the comp, 4 into the finals and the bottom 6 play off in a lose and your out comp for the Plate and we made it. On Tuesday I noticed that our Captain & VC were away with work, so I thought I would contact the organisers to find out what was happening, luckily I did, we were on in 2 hours, luckily I found 5 players and play we did...winners are grinners, 5-3 our favour and I was lucky enough to have my foot in the right spot twice... :-)


I arrived at the track nice and early, I am trying to get my session in early so I can watch and coach on Thursday nights, but maybe I might need to join in for the company and for the push along. This arvo I did 6x400 with 2 min break, I should have done x8, but ...

A 3k warm up, 4x60m strides and some dynamic stretching then into my session.
Splits:79.1, 80.4, 78.9, 78.8, 79.3 & 78.5 all with 1:50-2 min recovery. Really I should have done the final 2 reps, but...I woossed (sp) out! I finished off with a 3 lap cool down with a few of the boys who were arriving at 5pm.

2 comments:

jojo said...

well done kicking two goals! even if you were slack later! maybe you were tuckered out from soccer!

Ewen said...

I was going to say congrats for saving two goals!

Nice 400s. The discipline of running them yourself is good, although nothing wrong with splitting the session and doing a couple more reps with the group.