Monday 15 October 2007

Mon 15 Oct 07, a few days of doing f.all running

Today I was going to run in the morning, but K was sick so Julie asked me to take C to school in the city, I was going to run at lunchtime, but... i got 'side tracked' and missed it. So after work I went to the track slightly early for relay training and ran 5 laps before a few U10s, Connor & 1 U11 I coach joined me, so we ran 2 more laps, then a 3rd which involved dynamic actions and some drills. Then I took Teagan & Sarah (U10s) for some accelerations and then we did 10 minutes of standing starts, so a short sharp coaching session, both of the girls enjoyed the individual coaching and thanked me (always nice). Then I took the warm ups for all of the Relay teams, probably 60+ kids, 2 laps and then some dynamic stretching and then some gentle strides finished with 2 40m accelerations. All up I managed 10 laps, so some sort of a run...


Sun: Hmmmm, not feeling the best, skipped the morning run, no pity... self inflicted and seriously not well! Finally started moving 1:30ish, had something to eat, watched Stoner win the Aussie GP, slept again and then finally went for a slow jog about 5pm and slow it had to be, I was not capable of much faster than 6 min per km pace. Finished off the weekend and day at a dinner for Western Aths Winter Teams.


Sat: Connor's 9th birthday, so I went to his place before Little Aths and gave him a pair of Roller Blades, I watched him open a few presents before leaving and arriving at the track to coordinate starting block training for the U12s and a few U13 kids. A long morning at Little Aths, then to Connor's birthday party at a Rolling Skate Rink in Laverton for 3 hours. Intended to go for a run once home, but got side tracked and then ....


Fri: I was going to run in the morning, but I slept in until 7:30, so I took my gear for a lunchtime run, but a meeting got in the way. I then finished work early for an appt, which didn't go very well and just wasn't in the mood...run gone.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

I presume you weren't coaching all the relay teams - organising 60 kids would be a nightmare.

Not much you can do about the missed days except run tomorrow as if it didn't happen.

You're right about variety - there are only so many ways to make multiple laps of Calwell interesting - at least watching the kids training takes your mind off it.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Wow, I no how tough organising 10 kids can be at basketball training, but 60 - that deservesa medal!

Stu Mac said...

Just to clarify, I take the warm ups for the entire group, organising a few laps, some drills, accelerations and then line them up for their Team Managers, so 10 minutes with the BIG numbers, and then I am personally coaching the U9s, which is the introduction year.