Thursday 25 October 2007

Thu 25 Oct 07, gym & faster track stuff

Gym early this morning, light weights, morning glorys with oblique lifts, then some upright rowing and mil press, then some shoulder raises and arm curls, all very light with reps of 3x20. then some crunches many & varied. With my return to the core work I am aware of my mid section, not lots of pain, just aware, so a nice return. Note: during my cool down at the track tonight I chatted with Bel (physio), I mentioned that I was returning back to some core work, and we discussed some hints for some exercises that I want to include next week.


I decided this week I would join the boys and do my speed work with the group, the last few weeks the boys have been doing 500/400/300/300/200/200/150/100 starting with 100 sec for the 500 and getting slightly faster with each rep. I gave the boys the choice of that session or 6x400m at approx their 1500 pace, I was surprised they chose the 400 reps. As we were aiming for 75 sec per lap with a 2 min break, I knew this was faster than my 1500 pace and I would struggle, but I wanted to do this (why I'm not sure). The group tonight had five tonight, we started with 4 lap warm up in lane 8, some stretching and then 5x60m strides.

Reps:
74.2
74.3
76.2
77.4
78.4
79.8

Only the first 2 reps was I with the entire group, they got all of their reps under 74, the 3rd & 4th were 71&2 and the 5th & 6th were 70 & 68, too fast YES, but they are young and male! I struggled, lots of latic but I got the boys to go a few seconds after me for the final 2 reps, which gave me some thing to chase in the straight, instead of being miles behind. We finished off with a 2 lap cool down together, then Scott & I did another lap and then I did 2 with Bel. Tough session, lots of stretching afterwards whilst watching Clare's session.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Oh, to be young and male! Well... young ;)