Monday 29 October 2007

Mon 29 Oct 07, Albert Park & an evening stroll

This morning I ran from Victoria Barracks (work) down St Kilda Rd and then over to Albert Park Lake. I realised I hadn't run there for many months and it wasn't windy this morning, so it worked well.

I jogged there probably 5 min ish pace, then when I got to the 0km marker I picked up the pace, running 4:30 pace for 3km, but it wasn't as comfy as I would have liked so I slowed down to 4:40-45 pace and completed the 5k circuit, then doubled back and ran back to work. Probably 8-8.5km. Once back in the Barracks, I did 1 min plank, 45 sec each side of oblique plank and then 1 min plank, easier that last week and then 5 min of stretching.

I jogged a couple of slow laps with all of the relay kids when they were doing their w/ups.

After I jogged 5k with Clare, which was a nice way for me to run out any soreness from the w/e and did another few minutes of lower leg stretching and best of all I didn't have to cook and enjoyed dinner at Clare & Simon's.

Some sad news: A guy I meet throught the Melbourne Midday Milers has been seriously injured... "Last Thursday morning on the way back to the office following a trial building emergency evacuation Chris was struck by a car at the intersection of Spring St and Collins St. At this point the known extent of injuries to Chris include a fractured skull and sternum and a neck fracture, but no spinal cord damage. Chris is in Royal Melbourne Hospital and has undergone several operations and remains in an induced coma in the Intensive Care Unit. There is no official prognosis as yet, but as of 10:00am this morning he is in a stable condition."

No comments: