Friday 2 February 2007

Fri 02 Feb 07, the Tan, Fawkner Park & along the Yarra


Today I ran in the city before attending to other appts. I started of with an easy 7km around the first half of the Tan and then over to Fawkner Park and then finish the Tan. I then stopped at my car, hydrated (it was quite muggy this morning) and dropped my singlet and then took off along the Yarra at 12.5kph for 20 min, then I upped the pace to just over 13kph and finished off at 13.5 for the final 10 minutes. I past MacRobertson Bridge and ran along the Burnely Half course until hitting 27 minutes and then turned. Coming back on the other side of the Yarra and then crossing back at the Swan St bridge, 11km (18km for the morning).

I was drenched in sweat and walked for five minutes before stretching for ten minutes or more. Whilst running I felt a tightening sensation in my left hammie, I think it felt like a fatigue feeling that I have experienced once or twice over the years, but it was fine afterwards, I did notice when stretching that I wasn't as flexible as normal, hence why the long stretch.



Today was Declan's first day at school, I wasn't able to be there, but was hoping to be there when he finished for the day, but due to a misunderstanding I missed that too... :-( Anyway, here is a pic of Declan (5) in his driveway just before his short 500m walk to school.




Left to right, Declan, Kaelan & Connor (Grade 3 now....)




Thu 01 Feb 07, No run & no gym, nothing! Very busy day, early meeting, then a conference in the city then back to the Barracks for another meeting. Left work early for some appts, which I was advised that I shouldn't run afterwards. Back to Abbotsford at 6:15pm to Nike HQ for the R4K briefing, which was good, lots of exciting things happening for the training participants. We also got fitted out for a pair of shoes (I chose the Zoom Elites) and sized for singlets, T's, shorts & jacket and we will get a few other things too, compression top, caps, sweat bands and socks, all up a good deal for our time. I start on Monday, I will be looking after the 8km 6 or 7 min per km group.

To answer a couple of questions left by fellow bloggers, the sore heel has been ongoing for quite awhile, I have an inflamed achilles tendon where it attaches onto my heel. The Skins, I have had for nearly a year, long, short & sleeveless top, I thing they are great and do notice a difference afterwards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweetie, he looks pretty happy about the whole thing, I hope he enjoyed his first day at school and that his big brother looked after him. Make sure you get the same shot in the same place when he starts high school, my mum did that with all of us, lucky she never moved house and the ferns didn't die :-)

Tesso said...

Great pics Stu - the boys are so cute :-)

Thanks for the reminder about the achilles thing. Its hard to remember what everybody's problems are!

Anonymous said...

Stu probably a good thing you missed the first day of school, if you'd been there you may have needed the box of tissues to wipe the tear away - your kids are cute. Thanks for the reminder on my blog about the quads/squats - I have been doing more of them and more stretching, but probably not enough. At least everytime I read your blog, and you say how much stretching you're doing, I know I'm not doing enough.

Ewen said...

Thanks Stu. I think I'll invest in some Skins - might help after the long runs and track sessions.

Great photos - and memories in years to come :)

Anonymous said...

Reading your post, for a minute, I thought I was proof reading mine. That's my turf........lol

Great pics and I remember those days well.