Saturday 24 February 2007

Sat 24 Feb 07, Little A's & Wyndham Park


Little A's this morning, quite humid as it rained for a few hours prior to the start but we ended up in sunshine.

Today I was meeting the recently married Clare & her husband at Wyndham Park for a session, so I got there 30 minutes before and ran a few laps of the park at run pace, for 20 minutes and then found a suitable place for some grass hill repeats which would be about a 30-35 sec effort at Clare's pace.

Simon went for a run and Clare went with me for a 10 min w/up. We then did 12 reps at an average of 32 seconds up a slight hill and a 100s sec, walk/jog recovery. A very consistent effort today. I much preferred this session compared to the pathed hill that Clare normally uses, I'm not sure which one she preferred, she wasn't too happy I had increased the amount of reps and shortened her recovery... I got a fair amount of verbal abuse, but she thanked me afterwards.

Off to a wedding this evening at Fed Square for one of the girls from my Club, she is also my physio and an old training partner from when I first started doing the speed sessions, the days of battling 100 sec laps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the wedding Stu! Are you run-leading tomorrow night at Fed Square? - I'm hoping to put in my first appearance.