Monday 12 February 2007

Mon 12 Feb 07, R4K training group


Lunch time was spent in the gym today, just over 45 minutes, a great session! I really worked fast and got a great sweat happening, light weights and loads of work on the swiss balls with weights & med ball. I really got stuck into the lunges, squats and calf raises, with the legs a lot fresher than previous weeks as a result of a flat 90 minute run yesterday instead of 2 hours on dirt trails with big hills, I was able to get in the 50 lunges both sides, calf raises and squats with 7.5kg dumbells on both sides.


This evening's run was an easy affair, I jogged into the city at Fed Square and was allocated the 8km medium group (start 6 min pace), I chose to be the back marker and look after the slower people within this group. Very warm, at least 32 degrees when we started and very sunny! So all of the leaders were asked to watch out for dehydration problems. The medium group had 20-25 people tonight so we ended up fairly well spread out. The group made it and with little difficulty. After helping pack up I ran back 1km to my car, stretched and then drove home home arriving just after 8pm.

No comments: