Saturday 3 February 2007

Sat 03 Feb 07, Wyndham Park run


Little A's this morning was beautiful, great weather and no wind, which is quite rare at the VU complex. This afternoon I arrived at Wyndham Park and ran a medium pace 1.2km for a short w/up, stretched my legs and then did three laps of a 1.6km course at my 5km pace with a 1 min slow jog in between each lap. Just as I finished my last rep, Clare, her financee (husband in 2 weeks) and one of Clare's g.f's arrived.

This session was Clare's and the rest others were using it as a base for their own session. We started with a 1.2k w/up, stretch and then did 10 efforts on a pathway which is up a slight hill, average effort were 36 seconds with an average of 1m50s recovery (walk/jog). This was the same session as last week, but more consistent splits and also improvement with the recovery. We then ran a cool down in the reversed direction.

Clare has decided that she is again going to run the R4K, so I suggested she 'should' increase one of her runs to help with the day, whilst I know she 'kind of' agrees, I'll wait and see if it happens.

All up a nice afternoon to run, mid 20's and very little wind, as I sweat heaps I enjoyed the sun on my back & front, approx 11-12km. A planned run trail run at the You Yangs tomorrow, 1h 45 - 2 hours.

No comments: