Wednesday 21 February 2007

Wed 21 Feb 07, gym & S2F session


Yes back to the gym this morning, I started on the bike and did 5 miles at an average of 18mph, then some shoulder exercises with 5kg weights, 3 various ex's in reps of 10 for one set and then with a 30 sec rest I did a 2nd & third set. This is to remind those that think I'm doing heaps in the gym that most of my reps are with 5-10kg dumbells but I try to do all of exercises with free weights either standing or on a swiss ball, very rarely on a machine. Today I also did some bi & triceps and then 20 min of core work, including 3 sets of 2 min 'planks'. I finished with some stretching.


Tonight I was leading the 10k group as per normal, a smaller group than normal, competing against the Nike groups and also the 2nd race in the Sunset Series at Princes Park reduce the S2F numbers. Tonight I took my group of five along the river up to Morrell Bridge, then up Anderson St, continuing on to Fawkner Park for a lap, then back to the Tan and completed a lap of that, cross at Swan St bridge and back along the river to St Kilda Rd and back to Fed Square, this is a course that I & Rupert guessed was 10km, tonight it was measured at 9.94km, what a guess.
After the run I did a 6k run to finish the night off.

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Geez Stu, I can't even get my lazy butt out the door for a run at all, and you're doing 6km runs to finish off from a 10km run !! I obviously need to get my act together.

Kathryn said...

Free weights are awesome - esp compound exercises. I love to multitask :)

We have this big, hulking machine at my gym for bicep curls! Like people can't go over and pick up a dumbbell!