Sunday 11 February 2007

Sun 11 Feb 07, Fed Trail & my dad's b.day party


Today I needed to leave home at 10am to pick up all of my boys so I could make the 1h 45m drive to my 'old man's' to enjoy lunch at the local with him, mum & my sisters and nieces & nephews.

This meant I wasn't able to make the 'club long run' so I took off alone just after 7am from home and ran my 20k course along the Federation Trail. I enjoyed the flat run today, it was 20 degrees when I left home so I ran with just a cap, shorts and shoes. It was quite windy and even the lighest drizzle appeared for the first 15 minutes. When I started I was quite slow & stiff, passing the 1km mark in 5:30, but the second km was in 5 min and I was feeling a lot smoother by then.

Once home I stretched for 5-10 minutes whlst drinking my weak Endura and then ate my cerial and showered. Then collecting the boys I made my way to spend the day with dad.

Of course I didn't take my camera, but one of my sisters had a digital camera (but doesn't have email, who doesn't have email???), a picture was taken after lunch, dad on the lounge with his 10 grandchildren surrounding him, four of them mine, the oldest and the youngest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu, what route did you actually run to get 20 k's in. I ran a part of the Fed Trail yesterday (along the railway line) for a 14 km run.

Not sure about the wind at 7 am, but at 5 pm it was like running into a brick wall along the Werribee River.

Anonymous said...

I was in Geelong yesterday for a christening and was blowing a gale. It was relentless!!

Ewen said...

Isn't it 5% of Australians who don't have email? ;)

Would have been a great photo.

Sounds like a good break from the You Yangs