Tuesday 13 February 2007

Tue 13 Feb 07, an easy morning run & an evening track session


I went out for an easy 7km run this morning, all on dirt trails with a few small hills thrown in for good measure, I was hoping to run upto 10k but it just didn't happen this morning, other factors reduced the run.

This evening I plan to run a track session, not sure what that will be yet or who it will be with and then I am going to a Council run training program for Clubs that want to apply for funds, helping you to write the submission. I don't particularly want to attend but no-one else from the Committee wanted to or were able to attend for varying reasons, so...I'll be there.

PM Session: For the past six months or more I have predominantly trained with the two David's, Dave S & David T, but David has moved with his employer to Warrnambool and Dave S has been training heavily with his kayak and is now in Japan competing. But funnily tonight I trained with the two Adams!

Adam C has returned from stressies and is now starting to get quicker and back into his 35 min form (10k) and Adam K is joining my Club next season and he is quicker over short distances (5k and less). Tonight it was quite humid and the BIG black clouds were starting to roll in, but it was still 28 degrees. I started with my normal 3k warm up and then stretching, change into my flats and then 5x60m strides. Burkie suggested 6kms worth of reps at 5/10km pace depending on how we were feeling with minimal break. Ads suggested a pyramid set, 400/800/1200/1600/1200/800/400 with 45 sec recovery, I decided 92 sec per lap for me, the two Adams were a bit faster, but Adam K came back to me later in the session, but not ads he powered on!!!

My splits (recovery):
1.27 (44)
3.03 (44)
4.37 (1.00)
6.11 (1.01)
4.38 (1.02)
3.01 (1.01)
1.23

Finishing off with a 10 min cool down on the outside path. The humidity was broken with a BIG storm and loads of heavy rain mid way in my 1600m rep, the wind was also a real struggle but it remained constant throughout the session. I opted to run the session topless so I went from being drenched in sweat to looking like a drowned rat.
A good sess tonight, which looked quite consistent

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stu

With regards to your comment about 800m runs, at least they'd be over with quickly - better than a 10km run which takes forever :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Stu, someone's gotta do it

But if your club ends up with a grant they owe you a slab.

Ewen said...

That's what caught my eye Stu - nice consistency with the times. Adam shouldn't have come back, if he's in 35 minute form ;)

Anonymous said...

Having spent 12 years on Basketball Club committees and Basketball Association Boards of Management, I know where you're coming from - always seems to be the same small group doing everything doesn't it!

Vicky said...

Ah but how nice for you to have that (topless) option Stu!

MAR.