Sunday 18 February 2007

Sun 18 Feb 07, did anyone notice that it was HOT today


I'm not sure how hot it got in Melbourne today, but out here in Werribee and Corio (Geelong) it was 40 degrees for a couple of hours this arvo!

My day started at the You Yangs at 8am, 26 degrees, myself and Luke took off from the front gate and made our way up to Flinders Peak car park and then ran on the Branding Trail Loop, but instead of completing the loop I choose (yes me) to run up a BIG hill to the Saddleback picnic grounds, the round is just over 800m long, at the bottom it was 105m elevation and at the top 215m, OMG that hurt my quads. We then ran back to the car park, filled my kiddie bottle (the ones with cartoon characters), threw a lot of water over ourselves, decided we didn't need to run 90 minutes today and made our way back to the front of the park. Once near the front I decided we would take a small detour and run on the Big Rock trail and then go back to the front gate. All up 15km in 75 minute, it would be the slowest Luke has ever run probably, but he was instructed to take it easy as he is running in the Vic Champs Open Men's 3k Steeple next Sunday.


After cleaning myself up I went to Corio for the Western Region Little A's Champs to watch an U11 boy I have been helping out over the past few weeks, it was a tough day there, 38 degrees at 12pm and with a hot wind made 1500m racing quite difficult. Lachlan ran well, finishing strongly in 3rd and was able to hold off a Williamstown boys with 150m to go. Straight after his race, a 13 year old girl who is coached by Burkie chased two girls from Altona that she has never beaten before, she passed one with 300m to go and the other with 10m to go, a very exciting race with lots of shouting from the Werribee group!


Well I'm back to the box now to watch the second half of the Melbourne Victory Grand Final, we are leading 3 - 0. :-)

5 comments:

Tesso said...

Hot??? Not up here in unsunny Brisbane it wasn't.

Anonymous said...

Go Victory !!!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, another hot one. Rest day for me.

Great game, 6-0.

Anonymous said...

Don't get soccer

Great run, looks like Puffing Billy training to me :-)

I have a little bottle of Thorpie sports water for Kids (not for Adults according to the label!) that I carry on some runs. As you empty it you can squeeze it to the shape of your hand.

Ewen said...

Wasn't 3-nil enough?

Humid and stormy here. I've decided that under 30C is no longer hot.