Wednesday 28 February 2007

Wed 28 Feb 07, S2F run


I had planned to have a gym session this morning, BUT a near 2 hour trip to work put a stop to that, there was a problem with the railway crossing in Hoppers so I got redirected by a police car onto Old Geelong Rd and that was my first mistake. In hindsight I should have driven towards Werribee and gone under the railway bridge but I didn't. I left home at 6:25am and I hit the freeway at 7:25, I normally get on the freeway in 5-7 minutes, so of course the fwy trip was longer than normal too, I sat at my desk in my gym clothes at 8:20, so the session was cancelled.


I left work at 5:15pm, changed and then ran for 20 minutes prior to arriving at Fed Square to take the 10k group. I'm not sure what the temp was (it was 25 degrees at 7:30pm) but gees it was humid, I was dripping, already and this was before I started with the group. Tonight I only had 7 in the group, I was by myself and I knowing some of the group I knew I was have troubles keeping them close due to a big difference in capabilities. The guy & girl at the front would have ended up running probably 11-11.5k as I made them take bigger loops around the MCG to try and keep us group better until we got to the half way mark. But at the end when I was taking the cool down, everyone was thanking me and saying they had a good run, so :-)

I walked back to my car tonight as I knew I had developed a rash on my legs from the very wet shorts, OMG, I was wet.


My monthly stats will appear later, but quickly and without analysing too much, I felt I had a very good month, over 300kms and consistent gym work, I am starting to feel fit & strong. :-)

No comments: