Thursday 15 February 2007

Thu 15 Feb 07, gym & track session


This morning I woke quite early so I left home just after 6am and made my way into the city and went to the gym, I normally only do two sessions a week, so today I did a minimal session. Starting on the bike for a change and did 6 mile (why the bike is in miles I have no idea) at an average of 21mph which got a nice light sweat happening. I then did 2 sets of some of my normal exercises but with a few kgs more and only two sets of ten and then finished off with some ab work on the floor.


I left work tonight at 4:45pm, so I arrived at the track about 20 minutes later than normal. Changed and took off for two laps of the Complex and then one lap of the track in the outside lane completing so plymetric style exercises to help me loosen up a bit more. Already quite warm and enjoying the sun on my back, I did some basic stretches for no more than five minutes, changed into my flats and then did 5x60m strides. I then checked with Burkie to clarify tonight's session, 5x400m at 75 sec (dream 1500m pace) with a 60 sec recovery, but he mentioned let it blow out to 75 if the heat takes it toll, as it was still 34 degrees after 5:30pm...

Tonight I was by myself, ads was finishing his cool down as I was striding and the rest of Burkie's squad were either still at work or the younger ones are in a small taper with VLAA Region Champs. There was no wind tonight but it was warm.

Splits (recovery):
76.2 (59) - too slow
73.5 (59) - too fast
75.1 (65) - yipee
75.1 (70) - wow
75.05 - WOW

But I was very happy there were no more to go, as the final 50m was tough work. My cool down tonight was on the grass inside the track and I ran four laps and then did some lower back & hamstring stretching for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you train Stu Mac? I was at Newport tonight, thought I might see you there.

Anonymous said...

Stu, you know that I'd never block you don't you :-)

Ewen said...

Good one Stu - you really zoned in on those 75s. Hope you get a chance to run that dream 1500 - if not this season, then next.

Sekhmet said...

She did block you really, she told me she did lol ;-)

And what do you mean I never comment on your blog? What do you think this is? Fairy dust???