Wednesday 22 June 2005

Wed 22 Jun, on the treadmill

Well I decided that I couldn't be bothered running in the cold and I was able to get onto a tready in the gym at the Barracks. I ran 7.5km, the first 2k was at 12.5kph, next 2k at 13kph, next 2k at 13.5kph and the last 1k at 12kph, then about 500m at 8-10kph to cool down.

After last nights session I pulled up a little tight in the lower back (which I have become to notice in the past weeks) and I felt a little sluggish too. I'm starting to think I might have over done the past 3 weeks with the 80+kms, but they are k's in the bank. A few more days before I need to be fresh for Sunday's 15km at Albert Park, which shouldn't be too much of a worry.

But just to be safe I have sent a detailed email to the coach asking for some advice and reminding him of my wants for the rest of the season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu, the best thing for my back over the long term has been sit-ups. Seems counter-intuitive, but really has made a difference for me.

Wobbly man said...

Hang in there Stu - maybe take a rest day or two - or run a couple of easy runs while the bod recovers?