Sunday 19 June 2005

Sun 19 Jun, Declan's 4th birthday

Arrive by myself at the You Yangs at 6.35am, very early, very dark, cold & very wet. Its lightly raining, and it continues too for the entire 90 minutes that I trudge around the YY park.

I hop out of the car, tights, gloves, T & beanie. It's so dark with no natural light yet and of course no street lights, luckily the first 10 minutes or so are on ashphalt. Light rain and very dark, strange surrounds, a bloody wallaby jumped out in front of me and made me jump out of my skin......

My beep went on my watch at 7am, still dark and I am surrounded by trees and of course the clouds are keeping it darker than normal. I set on GCD until the latter part of the run, waiting for it to light up before I go investigating on unknown trails, adding onto my distance, very busy this morning and I want to be home by 8.30ish.

Finished my run, towell down, shirt off and put on a dry beanie and a running jacket, and a blanket on my car seat (forgot track pants). Drive home, 25 minutes, legs are getting cold even with the heater on...

A nice run, happy to have completed. A party with Declan's friends this morning in Altona, 15 little friends.

A very good day!

No comments: