Thursday 23 June 2005

Thu 23 Jun, rest

Yesterday I sent an email to my coach, gave him a copy of my last 4 weeks training and how I was feeling very tired and heavy when running. Noting I had been averaging in the low to mid 70k's for the past 3 months and then stepping up to mid 80s wasn't a concern but obviously the need for a light week was due. With the 15km Race at Albert Park this Sunday, I wasn't going to improve my times with anymore training this week so he suggested take Thursday off, very easy run on Friday and if I was financially able a massage from Narelle.

So I decided this all sounds good and I know I've done the work so a few days will reignite the flame and hopefully freshen me up for Sunday. So no run today, about 5k tommorrow and a 60 minute massage at 7.30pm, no run Saturday and race 'hard' on Sunday.

I'm starting to feel good about this now.

No comments: