Friday 10 June 2005

Thu 09 Jun, repeats of Anderson St hill

WOW its raining, some rain overnight and some morning drizzle whilst driving into the city. My plan today was to do repeats of Anderson St but the rain...hmmm... I'm thinking I might do the figure 8s of Punt Rd hill and Anderson, therefore more of a 50-60 minute hilly run or will I do the sharper repetitive sesion??? Stick to the original plan, thats the one the coach thinks I'm doing.

I start inside the Barracks and run to Coventry St and go into the Childcare to let them know that the 3 year old has 'hand, foot & mouth disease (rampant in melb city childcares at the moment). Then back out into the rain and make my way around the Tan to the bottom of Anderson St, the track is very wet and I have picked up a lot of mud on the legs, oh well.

Advantage of it raining is that the hill is absent of people and I shouldn't have to do much dodging, I may investigate Old Miler's suggestion of Airlie st, I think I know which one that is. Start of, and I feel slightly slower than previously, anyway the splits are: 1:27 1:31 1:27 1:35 1:29 1:34, recov jogs b/w 1:57 & 2:03, most of the splits are 1 or 2 sec slower than last time, but I felt I was working just as hard. Finished the run along the tan, back of the singlet very wet & muddy and a good flicking of mud all over the legs, very cool.

There was no doubting I was going to run today, even though it was raining, the temp was very mild, expected top today of 21, very warm for this time of the year.

Rest tommorrow, my turn to look after the diseased one...

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ah, getting muddy whilst running is very cool :-) Enjoy your long weekend and I hope the diseased one is un-diseased very soon. J

Ewen said...

Send some of that rain up this way Stu - we're choking in dust on every run! Well done on the 40:32 - very close to a thirty something.

Stu Mac said...

I am currently unable to post to my Blog, computer at home is broken and I am unable to log in at work. But I can post comments???

I hope I can fix this slight problem!