Thursday 16 June 2005

Tue 14 Jun, track/speed session

Arrive at the track and find there is going to be a group of 4 tonight training, excellent, all (kind of) agree with the 2x2k & 3x1k session, 2 min jog/walk recov. We do our warm up within the VUT Complex and do 3 laps, just over 16 min, some stretching and then get into it (forgot my stride throughs).

Start off 3:46 & 3:50 for the first 2k, very happy nice start, a 2:10 recov off again, this tim 3:49 & 4:05 not sure what happened here, lost concentration and didn't push thru??? 2:15 break and into the 1km reps, 3:55, 3:57 & 3:50. Happy with the session and completingthe extra km compared to normal, will do again in 2 weeks and will work harder to ensure all are under 4 minutes and work on the recovery, concentrating on the 2 min and not allowing myself to creep over.

Jogged home, just over 16 minutes. Found myself very tired 2 hours later and very hungry (even after a big dinner). I think the past few weeks is starting to catch up with me, I have been trying to concentrate on loading the weeks.

No comments: