Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday running

From home I ran along Skeleton Creek for 32 minutes, then off to YY for 20 minutes before returning back to Toynes Rd and running just short of 7km with my juniors and Jo & Sue in tow.


Then myself and Jo went in to OP to watch a friend compete in the women's 5000m, she ran a PB of 17:11 and got herself a silver medal. Then we watched Pierre, U20, who I previously coached last season, he won Gold in the 400m Hurdles in a final of 8.


Wes Aths open athletes are having the best State Champs in our Club's 13th year, so far gold in men hammer, silver in men's SP & wmn 5000m, bronze in men 400m H, then 4th in men jav and final 8 finishes in men hammer and discus x 2. Hopefully the many U20 medals will see some more solid performances in the open categories in 2010.

1 comment:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Don't know whats going on, but your "Western Region Little Aths qualifiers" post appears in Bloglines, but I can't see it on your blog. Anyway, this comment was for it, but here is going to have to do :-)

I was just going to say, "Of course you should take some of the credit, you are doing an awesome job as a coach to those kids - well done!".