Thursday 12 February 2009

An easy run and a coaching session

An easy 23 minute run along the Federation Trail from the aths track running towards Werribee, 12 minutes out and then I turned around, sadly into a head wind, but I worked fairly steadily and slower increased my cadence to return a little quicker.

Once back at the track, I reminded my squad that Jo was racing tonight in a VMC race and I wanted to leave at 6:15pm, so I would appreciate if they got into the swing of it all. I jogged two laps with the girls and then did some simple drills and then 4 x 100m strides.

Then whilst the girls got some blocks are out of the equipment shed and took them upto the 200m start I showered. Tonight was a light set for the girls, some block work with concentration on the initial steps, then we extended the run through around the bend.
__________________

Tonight I took my coaching hat into Olympic Park to watch Jo race in the 4th ranked heat with a slower heat after hers, this is the first time that the VMC have had more than 2 heats of women 800m, WOW. I was also there to help a couple of others from the Club tonight in the absence of their coach, Burkie is off to China to teach/lecture Law for three weeks.

Jo had the misfortune of being dead last tonight at the cross over and that was the way it remained until the final straight where she worked really well and past one runner and posted her second fastest time for the season, which was a good result as the squally wind was not good for 800m running.

Approx 45 minutes later there was NO wind, Jo was spewing, but all of the 3000m runners were rapt. Luke broke 9 minutes for the first time in the third heat, Narelle ran a BIG PB and finished mid 9:40s and there were so many PBs it was funny.

1 comment:

jojo said...

i wasnt literally spewing...lol..