Monday 9 February 2009

Some time along Skeleton Creek and the Federation Trail

7km to the track (33:48) and 7km back (33:18), just a run, not too fast, not too slow, just a casual run, clear the head, get a few k's in the bank and to get me to the track in a more economical manner.

Once at the track I got my growing group straight into their laps, 2 in lane 7/8, then onto the back straight for 8-10 min of drills and strides.

The plan for the kids 2x400, 2x300, 2x200, 1x150m, I wanted them to aim to be slightly slower than their 800m pace, but a few were closer to the 800m pace. I did all of the reps and sat mid pack, with most reps at 86 sec per 400m pace.

All up 16km for me.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Those 500s were pretty good.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing a girl in a Weston Aths uniform. At the time I thought it was a South Aus uniform.

There were quite a few DNFs - an ambulance went onto the course for one of the junior boys. It was a hot morning. When they get the lights installed they'll be able to run evening races.