Tuesday 24 February 2009

Steady work

Tonight I had one of the junior girls who couldn't train last night join the group, Chelsea an U11 girl who ran 5:46 at the Regions and will be going to States, so tonight's set would be good for her joining Claire, Jo & myself.

The set for Jo was 2x1000 in 100 sec laps and 3x800 in 98 sec, Claire & Chels did same pace but only 2x600 & 3x400, Claire is racing in the U14 AV Youth Champs on Saturday and Chelsea was in a different group and worked well.

Tonight I didn't work my pace, I decided to help the group with pacing and also trying to block the wind a little in the back straight. I started at the back and then after 220m I moved to the front and ran in front along the back straight on all laps tonight and for the two 1k reps I picked up the pace for the final 150m and crossed in approx 4 min pace.

Happy for the run after sitting in lectures all day....3 days remaining

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Good session. Jo didn't talk you into making the 1000s 800s?

jojo said...

no Ewen i didnt!!!!! it didnt seem nearly so bad after saturdays death session

Ewen said...

Well knock me down with a feather! And we all thought you were a girly wuzz Jo.

Well done Stu. Looking at someone else when she opens her mouth is working.