Sunday 8 February 2009

Happy birthday Dad

Off to the You Yangs without Jo today as she is racing in the afternoon (if the rain stays away) and as there was racing today the numbers were down big time, only myself, Cookie, Adrian and Bailey.

I arrived at 7:50am and I took off for 35 min by myself around the Branding Yard roads & trails. Then I took Bailey up along GCD and down into an area that he hadn't seen before, some of the trip is completely off road, no real trail just following an old creek bed which eventually loops back onto GCD.

After dropping Bailey off after 32 minutes I took off onto the Branding Yard Trail and that is when the rain hit and boy did it hit, BIG drops. But the rain was pleasant and I continued on and enjoyed the cool sensation, finishing up with another 35 min of running, all up 100 minutes.
_____________

I spent the afternoon watching Western Athletics compete in the North West Region Finals at the Newport Aths Track. We had 5 teams, Wmn Div 2, Wmn U16, Men U16 & 2 Men U20. We finished off with two Premierships, easliy winning Wmn Div 2 and Men U20, the U16 men finished 2nd, so three teams into the Shield Final (Statewide Club comp).

No comments: