Tuesday 10 February 2009

Another day of running... :)

At the track, four laps in lane 8 and then 3x100m strides with the last 20m slightly faster. Joining in with the girls from my squad the set was 6x300m for Steph, 6x400m with a 10m walk & 100m float for Jo & Claire in 92sec and I ran 6x500m with a 150m float.

We started at the discus ring into the headwind, I started behind Claire & Jo and in the first 20m I worked to the front and provided some wind protection for them, then Steph joined us and tucked in behind. So for me the majority of the reps were into the wind and then on the lane 2 line, then at 310m I surged and took the inside line and moved ahead, whilst the girls stopped I struggled by myself into the wind and finished after 500m, then off the track and jog back to Jo & Claire. Whilst jogging back I always had a quick chat with Steph.

My reps were a tad slower but consistent:
  • 1:51, 1:51, 1:54, 1:52, 1:51, 1:48

The third rep we had the misfortune of a girl from another group stopped immediately in front of us, which caused a major check.

Just a couple of laps for my cool down, lots of chatting re upcoming finals and state champs with some parents and kids.

1 comment:

jojo said...

yep-i certainly CHECKED big time, so much so i had to jump inside and run on the grass! claire di much better-only a second behind each rep