Thursday 19 February 2009

Fast 200m reps

I told the group of today's set, 5x200m, oh dear (or words to that affect) they reported, they knew 5 reps meant fast fast fast.

I did a longer warm up than normal for a Thu, as Jo wasn't arriving until after 5:30pm I decided I would continue on, so 5 laps of the track and then 8x100m strides, with the last few with the girls as we all started to group together.

Six of us, so we used lanes and took off in groups of two, I paired with Steph, her SB is less than .3 sec slower than my SB, but I always knew my ability to back it up with be better. The first rep was 31.7 and the second was 32.1, but Iknew Steph was going to start to struggle, as I was in lane 2 I moved back to alongside Steph, but this proved not to be enough so I moved into lane 3 for the last two reps.

Some of the girls were quite distressed and struggled on their last reps. Four laps of the infield for me to finish a fast night off.

1 comment:

jojo said...

i like this fast session. i could have done MORE!!! lol-and it is rare for me to say that instead of b-and-moaning about it...