Saturday 7 February 2009

OMFG

Last night Jo & I caught up with David Nicole who were visiting from Warrnambool before going to Bali for 2 weeks, as per normal, LOTS of good conversations, LOTS of good food and yep you guessed it, LOTS of good beers (Coopers and Stella)...

So Saturday morning, a little bit tired and slightly 'under the weather', I checked the WLAC Hotline at 7:30am, yep Little A's is on. C & D didn't want to compete in the expected hot temp and after spending last w/e in the sun, I wasn't surprised.

I arrived at 8am to help set up, it was only 24 degrees but we all knew it was going to get hot. 8:35 we started and for 30 minutes there was no wind, but then the northerly arrived and the temp started to build. By 9:45am it the Exec Group called the meet off, it was hot and VERY windy, after packing up, into my car at 10:20 and it was 39 degrees.

Mid afternoon 45 degrees at every Melb weather station and sometime later Avalon AP, Melb AP both recorded 47 degrees....OMFG, I have never experienced such horrible condiotions in Melb.
________________

AV North West Region final was scheduled for today but yesterday the Region Committee decided that we would re-schedule until Sunday afternoon, which I am not happy about as so many athletes are unavailable, but I do agree we could not compete on Sat, but I believe it should have been cancelled like the Eastern & Bendigo Regions did!

No comments: