Monday 23 February 2009

Coaching & Committee meeting

Coaching at the track with the junior group, I arrived in time to run by myself for 15 minutes and then I ran 4 laps whilst the kids were arriving and running their 2 laps.

Then I took them onto the back straight to get away from the teenagers who were loitering around (whilst their coach is away, they are generally wasting time and getting in the way...). Tonight lots of dynamic drills and 4x75m strides.

Tonight's session was one group, but the kids were starting at various spots on the track and joining the group. With five reps planned, I joined the 500m rep group which had 5 in the group (1.55-58), 2 joined at 400m and then a group of 8 at 300 who were to wait for the last runner and then move around the longer rep group and finish strong.

So for me, 15 minutes, then 4 laps, 5x500m and two laps on the infield with stretching to follow.

No comments: