Wednesday 28 January 2009

Just a tad warm....

Just over a week ago I stated on my Blog that it was hot hot hot!!! Well fuck me, it is very hot here in Melbourne and it is going to be for a few days, according to Channel 10 News it got to 45 degrees here in Melbourne, at times my car indicated 46 on the drive home and we are expecting another 3 days of 40+ and maybe a 4th!

A few calls & texts from parents, "is training on, yes or no?", which is surprising to me, I have never cancelled training, rain, cold, windy or hot. I adapt the session and I always have my athletes best interests and I know the parents know that or they wouldn't rock up week after week.

With a bucket on cold water and wet towels we started with one lap of running on the infield & then a lap of drills, back into the shade. Then onto the soccer pitch behind the grandstand, about 10m wide x 60m area of shade, we did strides, drills, lunges, hopping. jumping, more strides and then some starts followed by stretching. Loads of water breaks and everyone survived.

After training I made the trek to the local supermarket to organise dinner, so cool in good aircon, then I arrived home. Now I knew we had no aircon, but NO power, shit! Well a good night for Jo to be having a school dinner.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Good session for the kids. 10x60 and drills is all I'd be doing in that heat. Lucky it's only 37 up here.

Anonymous said...

My car temp gauge got to 47 on the freeway today.

I am looking forward to being on the Gold Coast tomorrow, only 28 up there!

Anonymous said...

Stu ... thanks for the offer to get up close and personal ... but no thanks :-)

I have been doing a lot of very early morning training to beat the heat ......

EatEm