Thursday 15 January 2009

Back to work

I survived the first day back, still quietish in the office, which allowed me to work through the 293 emails and allocate a priority to them all.

At the track early ish so I could get through a session, chat with my teenager girls and then drive to Sandringham to watch Jo compete in the Milers meet and then watch a few fellow Club mates and a few friends also.

I did 3 laps with Cam and then an extra 2 with Blair, then a few simple drills followed by 6x80m strides. I joined Blair & Cam for a light session, Blai because he is racing Friday night and Cam because he is unfit. The plan was 6x200 in 36/37, which sounded easy and was, so I decided a few extras.

37.32 / 39.4 / 36.2 / 36.1 / 36.2 / 35.3 / 35.1 / 36.1 / 35.3 /35.1

We shared the pacing, Cam did the 2nd...but to his defence we were all surprised, Cam only did 6 reps, Blair did 8 and I did an extra 2, because it all felt easy. Three laps to cool down, all up approx 7km.

I checked on the four girls, I had organised with one of the sprints coach to take the girls for a blocks and starts session, they were enjoying a different sort of session.

4 comments:

Peahen said...

Oh the dreaded return to work. I still remember the feeling in my gut I used to get as holidays ended. So...what on earth is a AFD (comment on my blog)?

Ewen said...

So how come Jo's bagging you out because you missed the start of her race?

Anonymous said...

Delete them all and start the new year afreash

If there was anything really important in there someone will give you a call :-p

Andrew(ajh) said...

Only 293! That can be about a days worth for me!