Sunday 11 January 2009

Another 100 min run

I arrived at the Youies just before 8am (1/2 hr earlier than the pack) for a 30 minute run, Adrian too had the same idea, we made our way along Branding Yard Rd and then up to the Turntable car park, up that stupid hill which my legs were not excited about....once at the top, a quick toilet break and then back down, 28 minutes for just over 6k.

Once back at Toynes Rd, a pack of 15 runners & some walking parents were waiting for the final runners to arrive. I only had two juniors today, Hayley & Elyse, with a small group we run along the Branding Yard Rd past the Eagle then up the path towards Turntable (without actually going up), then back to the road and ran as a group of 4 slowly catching some runners up front, then onto GCD and then off onto the trail that leads to Greyhound track and then an incline for the final km, which Elyse handled well. 33 minutes = just short of 6km or just over (I can't remember, I have previously measured).

A quick chat and congrats to the two girls I then took off for another 40 minutes, making my way along GCD up the hill, a rolling hill run and then back and an extra 7 minutes along a trail. The watch showed 1h 39m 51 sec, a good Sunday run after a day of track racing (19k ish).

A 30 minute leg massage at the local Chinese massage store, a few spots in the left calf, but overall a good result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think all hills are stupid!!