Wednesday 14 January 2009

The last day

Tomorrow I return to work.... :-(

But today was a tough day in the outside office...today I volunteered as a coach for the Vic Little Aths Skills Clinic for U10 children from across the State, just over 200 kids attended and I looked after long jump. A lot of kids, some good, some tried hard and some should have stayed home, but I enjoyed myself and I'm sure I helped many and left a lasting impression on some. Of course a many hours on my feet, many examples given so lots of jumps, lots of run ups etc and it was 34 degrees at 9am when we started and it was 32 at 2:40pm when Ronald McDonald handed out show bags...

Then home, 45 minutes of relaxing and then down to my local track for training of my squad, short work (150m reps) and starts (blocks for the U13 girls).

Minimal running for me, 2 laps, 3x100m strides and many long jumps....but my legs feel like I ran for 90 min ++++

1 comment:

jojo said...

45 mins relax is better than no mins :) you are a good lad giving so much time :) def