Sunday 25 January 2009

You Yangs & Vic Country titles

With Jo racing early at Geelong, I still wanted to get a few k's in the legs and run with my group. I arrived at the YY at 7:30 and made my way along Branding Yard Rd, then up the m.f hill up to Saddleback picnic area. Then down to GCD and onto the new 'snakey' MTB trail, which is a very enjoyable trail and one I wish I could get my juniors up to, I might need to organise some cars to pick the kids up as the entire trip would be too far for some (most).

Once I finished the trail I made my way back onto GCD and enjoyed some fast running (2:50 pace) for 500m or so (yes downhill), once back at Toynes Rd, I turned and did a few reps up the 315m hill which we had been doing reps on just prior to Christmas.

Once all of the kids arrived, I send Claire with the older group and the rest ran along Greyhound track with me, only 3.2km for the kids who are running the State Multi's next weekend, once back at Toynes Rd, a quick drink and then up the hill on GCD and we ran another 1.5k. SO all of the kids had a slightly easier week.

Then a quick bath with a wet towel and then off to Geelong for Jo's 800m race, which she ran really well. The plan was 37 for the first 200m, allocated in lane 6, I told Jo not to worry about the fast girls and to enjoy a solid start, once on the back straight she settled nicely and went through the 200m marker in low 38s, nice! I was sitting at the 300m spot, encouraged and called for the solid work to continue (which she did), now passing a couple she settled nicely and worked the back straight well and went through in 1:59.6, on the top bend she was actually catching the front four, two were cruising and positioning themselves at the front and the other 2 were working hard for their 2:30s. A GOOD run, according to me 2:39.32 (officially 2:39.35), so we waited for the official times as we both knew it was going to be close! A very good run, now no 800m races for a few weeks, a 1500 on Tue and then some BLOODY training instead of racing continually...

1 comment:

jojo said...

yep -even im ready for some training instead of racing