Wednesday 21 January 2009

I'm moving home

So who saw the heading and thought I was leaving Jo?????? C'mon be truthful! Well the heading is directed to my second home, I do seem to spend a little bit of time at the Vic Uni Aths track in Werribee/Hoppers....


Anyway....tonight I was back at work and then at the track, which sometimes seems like a second home and some of the kids ask me where my bed is.........

So at the track, meeting the juniors at 4.30pm for a running set prior to hurdles/discus/long jump training. Only 12 today and for our warm up I took them along the Fed Trail down to the hospital and back, then our dynamic stretches & 3x100m strides.

Today's session was Monday's set, but due to the heat I moved it to today. The set has been done by my other group (older) but not here, sets of 4x200m @ slightly faster than 800m pace with a 100m float. Some juniors are not as disciplined as others, which makes this set not as effective as experienced athletes, but they are becoming experienced, especially for their age. Two groups which I ended up merging together for various reasons, one group aiming at 41/42 & the other at 46 sec.

Some did really well and others did ok & some wasted their time, but was better than sitting at home. Some did 2 sets and half of the group did three sets. I ran in lane 2/3 and crossed in 41/42 for every rep (12x200).

A note for me: I predict Elyse is very close to some very good times for her and will PB a lot in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

jojo said...

well i knew you werent leaving me...you're not allowed.... lol

Ewen said...

I thought she may have kicked you out because of your bad jokes ;)

200s with 100 float would teach them something about recovery! Nice 200s for yourself there too.