Thursday 27 September 2007

Thu 27 Sep 07, fartlek in the morning

This morning I arrived on the Tan at 6:30ish, an easyish fartlek session and some gentle running in and around the Tan & the Botanical Gardens. I jogged for 5 minutes before meeting a friend and then we jogged on the Tan to the bottom of Anderson St near the Morrell Bridge before stopping to do some light stretching and then some rolling strides.

I found a flat pathway where we did 4x30 sec efforts at my 800m pace with a 15 sec walk, then jog. Second set was 4x30 sec efforts at approx 600m pace with the same recovery and then 2x20 sec at approx 400 pace, then a gentle jog to a set of stairs where I did some quick steps up the stairs, followed by a gentle jog back.

Probably 6k for the morning. I arrived at the track in the evening about 5:20pm, was really windy and I decided I would concentrate on coaching and not worry about fighting the wind!

No comments: