Sunday 23 September 2007

Sun 23 Sep 07, YY run & Club Pentathlon

I started the day at the end of Toynes Rd at the You Yangs for a run with Adrian (already been running for 50 min prior), Bel, Mel and myself, there were others but they were running in a different group. We ran the Branding Loop Rd (5.4km), with it starting to warm up we stopped for a drink and then continued along GCD and ran the Stockyard route. A tough 10.5k run, some big long hills and some very steep downs and ups, just not as long. The final 2km Adrian and I ran back about 13kph. A good run which we all enjoyed, 16km for the morning.

This afternoon Western Aths had our Annual Pentathlon, a fun day where we encourage participation, fun and encourage the finalisation of our registrations for the Summer Season. The events, my performances and limited comments. LJ, this was the danger event, the most likely for me to get injured and I should have stuck with a 3-5 step run up and jump, but I mucked around and tried to stride through, luckily no injury probs, excluding a jarred knee for 30 min or so - result very shit. I have thrown 32m two seasons ago but as my technique relies on my ability to throw and NO jav ability I decided I would stick with a 5 step run up Jav - 20m something, 200m - 30.2sec, Discus - I have NO idea how to do this event so I just chucked it like a Little Aths kids and encouraged the call of 1, 2, 3 - 19m something , 800m - it was very windy and I knew I was tired sore from yesterday and this morning and I was VERY lacking in speed so I decided to cruise, 2:35, I did have a go in the final 150m but the weekend was a LONG one and there was no kick.

A fun day, which I found myself to be very tired and I fell asleep just after 11pm and missed the Rugby :-(

1 comment:

jojo said...

i wanna hear the 'FUNNY' discus story