Tuesday 17 July 2007

Tue 17 Jul 07, track session

Fuck its cold here in Melbourne today, 4:30pm it was raining, windy and only 5 degrees! I started with 6 laps of the track, then some drills and then 5x70m strides. Flats on and this was my first mistake, I took off my jacket. 8x600m @ 90 sec per lap with a 45 sec recovery walk and then jog back to the line and go. The first 2 reps I felt like I was warming up, but from then on I got slightly colder with each lap!

Splits: (recovery)
2:13 (67)
2:13 (67)
2:13 (66)
2:13 (68)
2:14 (68)
2:15 (66)
2:16 (66)
2:17 (jogged 200m to get clothes on & that was the end, no cool down and no stretching, just get clothes on!)

I actually don't think my intensity slowed, but the wind hot stronger, the rain got heavier and it got colder. When I got back in my car it was 4 degrees, but I wouldn't have surprised to see 0!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wine just came out my nose when I read your post.

Hell yeah! maybe the only time in 8 weeks I have been happy to be injured, no track for me tonight!

Anonymous said...

I piked tonight, watching it hail about 3 pm, the cold, the wind, the wet and eventually I caved in and drove straight home.

jojo said...

well.wonders will never cease..u saying how cold it is...I thought they bred em tough where you came from ;)