Sunday 15 July 2007

Sun 15 Jul 07, You Yangs

Finally a real run, first in a week. Arrived at 8:20ish and instead of waiting for everyone I took off for a 10 min stroll with my jacket still on (5 degrees). On arrival back at my car, Cookie & Luke were there and it was just after *;30, Bel crook and no Tegan??? So we took off in beautiful sunshine upto the Turntable Carpark, 11:40.

A quick toilet break and then onto Branding Yard Trail, anti clockwise, at the 4k mark on this trail there is a 'monster hill', only 850m but an elevation rise of 120m during that time (yep I walked a little). Myself & Cookie went back towards Turntable and Luke & Mitch (he met us at Turntable) went the opposite direction as they wanted 1h 45m and I was only after 70 minutes (+ extra bit). Spotted Benita Johnson enjoying a run around the YY, alongside her was Matty Griffin from Eureka AC & the AV office.

Finishing at the front gate, a bit of a chat, limited stretching and then took Clare & Michelle back home as they had things to do.

Chatting with Michelle re the All School T&F Champs in Nov, we have agreed that that can be aim for the coming months and she is going to start coming to the track on Tue evenings, which will be great, another person at the track using me to help with their running, I must admit I am really enjoying this facet of my sport. :-)

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Good Stu. I hope she makes it to Sydney. I know athletes in Victoria have a tough time just making the team.

Anonymous said...

I think coaching is really going to suit you :-)