Monday 2 July 2007

Mon 02 Jul 07, a light run only

At work 7ish and left at 3pm so I could go to Werribee Hosp to have a follow up check up to ensure the shitty stuff from Fri had started to disseminate, blood & urine. I feel much better after not sleeping very well for a few days and feeling slightly off colour, but this is the same each time.


I arrived at the track in time to put the Club's newsletter on the noticeboard and then jog a few laps before the handful of kids rocked up. Tonight I was looking after Burkie's squad too, as he is down the coast with a training group for four days. As Burkie's teens started arriving I passed on their sessions (mostly recovery), only having to change one session due to soreness.

Light rain falling I knew my squad would be dramatically reduced, with only 6 kids we started on the track with 2 laps and then an extra lap incorporating our dynamic stretches and drills, then a lap of surges. With the rain getting stronger I took the group onto the grandstand and we did some stair work broken up with running around the pavilion and other areas protected from the rain.

With the kids leaving and a couple of the pro's finishing up I jogged three laps to allow the guys some extra time with the lights.

1 comment:

jojo said...

hope all the medical stuff worked out ok..stu()