Sunday 8 July 2007

Sun 08 Jul 07, a gentle stroll

An early morning run of 60 minutes, a flat run at a comfortable pace but shorter than originally planned.


Coliban Ekiden Relay Harcourt to Bendigo, I was selected to run in the Men's Div 6 team, as the slowest runner I ran the easiest leg, 5.0km, the final leg. I knew that our team would be one of the top 3 teams out off 11 competing teams. After the second leg we were sitting in 2nd behind KSB and that is the way it finished. I ran 20:19 for my 5k road leg and we finished probably 3-5 minutes after KSB, but comfortably in front of third.

My run was very ordinary, but that was expected as I have hardly slept or eaten this week.


Western Aths had six competing teams, a record for the Club, three men & three women. Men Div 3 - 3rd, Men Div 6 - 2nd, Men Div 7 - 7th, Wmn Div 2 - 3rd, Wmn Div 3 - 3rd & Wmn Div 4 - 2nd.



Western Aths Div 6 Men, 3rd/4th change over, Greg to Mitch, I took over from Mitch, thankfully no pictures of me.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

2nd - nice work!

Hope you get to eat and sleep a bit better this week.

jojo said...

you need to make sure you eat stu... especially with how much running you do... hope you feel better soon

Ewen said...

Congrats to the club Stu - sounds like a big weekend. Hope you have a good week.