Thursday 5 July 2007

Thu 05 Jul 07, fartlek & track

Meeting Clare for a fartlek session this morning, whilst waiting I jogged around the Botanical Gardens on the grass for 12 minutes once she arrived we took off and jogged for 6 minutes before doing some dynamic stretching and some static calf work. All up a light 30 minute fartlek session.

No indoor football for me today as I went to lunch with one of my bosses who is going on a 12 month world tour, Africa, Sth America, Scotland and then finishing in USA...hmmmm...very jealous.


Only 8 degrees and light rain when I arrived at the track, with the outside track very wet I warmed up on the track, 6 laps and then some stretching, drills and strides.

I did 6x400m with floats for recoveries. Reps 78, 78, 80, 79, 81 & 78, the floats were just over 1 min, a tad too slow hence why the reps were so fast, its not like I can run 3k at that pace.

3 comments:

jojo said...

floats are supposed to be pretty slow arent they???maybe i ALWAYS slack off then lol

Ewen said...

200m float? That's 5 minute k pace - wouldn't have thought that too slow. Maybe 84s with a 50sec float would have been interesting.

Keep at it Stu - you might get to run 3k at that pace. I find it hard to run 200 at that pace!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Stu, dumb question from amatuer andy over here, but what exactly is a float?