Monday 30 July 2007

Mon 30 Jul 07, the Tan

I did two laps of the Tan early this morning, both clockwise. I was tired from a long day yesterday, but knew I needed the kms. 17:55 & 17:04

Yesterday (Sunday) was spent as a VLAA Official (Finishing Marshall) for the Vic Little Aths XC Champs at Lardner Park. A long day with heaps of races, but an experience that I really enjoyed, a different aspect to running, the volunteering to help others.

A couple of the kids I coach finished in the top 10, with one with a top three, but all of the kids ran their best on the day and thats all I can ask. Due to some marshalling issues, most of the kids I coach didn't get a warm up in prior to their race, as I told them to run for 5-10 minutes 3 races prior to theirs, but with over anxious marshalling officials they ended up in marshalling 50 minutes before their race. :-( If I wasn't officiating I would have been able to adjust the kids way of thinking and got them doing stuff in marshalling, oh well, we live and learn.

1 comment:

jojo said...

its great stu that you put so much back in :)